• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

The Rex Ryan scheme is Bob Sutton. Need a stout NT. Ever since Poe had that back surgeory this scheme has been ineffective. Two solid ILBs. These probably are weakest positions on the field. 

That was my thoughts as well.  Sutton got his D from Rex and thus why go with Rex?  Then I'm thinking everything I remember about Rex is how aggressive he played on D and we just have never seen that from Bob.  

MAYBE Andy knows this and is thinking that Rex will bring in the same STYLE of D with a lot of the same formations/verbiage so players pick it up much faster and easier BUT Rex will run more stunts and aggressive play calling that we need? 

15 minutes ago, ChiefThunder said:

I believe we'll switch to a 4-3 because of how much we have invested in Hitchens.

I can't see them changing everything for one guy that's cuttable in a year.

14 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

The Rex Ryan scheme is Bob Sutton. Need a stout NT. Ever since Poe had that back surgeory this scheme has been ineffective. Two solid ILBs. These probably are weakest positions on the field. 

Not quite.  Early on yes, Bob Sutton ran a carbon copy of the Rex Ryan Defense.  Peyton Manning picking on Marcus Cooper literally broke his brain and he retreated back to what he knew from the Mangini era.

Rex Ryan knew he didn't have that killer attitude and quickly demoted him for Pettine for a reason.

When I think of Rex Ryan as DC under Andy, I think of his dad Buddy Ryan punching Kevin Gilbride. 

Not really advocating for Ryan but KC needs somebody with experience, as a DC.  With as much time as Andy spends with Mahomes in game he needs someone that he can just turn loose and not have to oversee much.  

3 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I'd rather see a Wade Phillips underlying.  Rex is too much drama and a shit show waiting to happen. 8 just don't see him and Red's personality mixing. 

This organization is about stability and anti-drama. Rex isn't a fit in my opinion.

Definitely rather have Phillips

"Ryan, who is still only 56-years-old, never once had a defense finish worst than 19th overall (which was the rank for the Bills in his final season in 2016). Whether as a head coach for the Bills and Jets or a defensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens, Ryan’s units were always known for their blitzing schemes and overall toughness. In yards allowed, Ryan’s defenses finished in the Top 10 in 9 of his 12 years as a coach—finishing first in total points allowed on two separate occasions."

So Rex's worst year was a 19th ranked D and had a top 10 D 9 of 12 years!

IF this years team had a 19th ranked D vs 31st....We would be getting ready for the Super Bowl

7 minutes ago, Balto said:

"Ryan, who is still only 56-years-old, never once had a defense finish worst than 19th overall (which was the rank for the Bills in his final season in 2016). Whether as a head coach for the Bills and Jets or a defensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens, Ryan’s units were always known for their blitzing schemes and overall toughness. In yards allowed, Ryan’s defenses finished in the Top 10 in 9 of his 12 years as a coach—finishing first in total points allowed on two separate occasions."

So Rex's worst year was a 19th ranked D and had a top 10 D 9 of 12 years!

IF this years team had a 19th ranked D vs 31st....We would be getting ready for the Super Bowl

Can't say that I would disagree.

3 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

As long as the new hire isn't on our current staff or Juan Castillo. I'll be happy. We need someone from outside to bring a different vision. 

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. He is an Oline coach who Andy tried to stuff into a DC position....wrong wrong wrong.....

3 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported that over the past few days, the Chiefs talked with players and coaches about Sutton, whose lack of adjustments has been a non-stop frustration.

AFC Title game was perfect example. Andy goes in at halftime and makes great adjustments for the offense who score almost immediately and light up the Patriots for 31 points in a half. The defense comes out after halftime and continues down the exact same road with the exact same principals beating us the exact same say. 

3 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. He is an Oline coach who Andy tried to stuff into a DC position....wrong wrong wrong.....

Thats why no Juan Castillo!  I'll take anyone however from the Jim Johnson defensive coaching tree. 

Archived