1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Who gets the breakout player award...I guess I'd vote for Damian Williams who ended up being a very savvy pickup by Veach. 

Ummm.  Mahomes, maybe?  Williams was a great pickup, but if anyone broke out in 2019 is was Pat in a huge - monumental way.  

3 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

Ummm.  Mahomes, maybe?  Williams was a great pickup, but if anyone broke out in 2019 is was Pat in a huge - monumental way.  

LOL. Without question. Mahomes was so good I almost forgot he was essentially a rookie. 

9 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

LOL. Without question. Mahomes was so good I almost forgot he was essentially a rookie. 

I know right?  Seems more like a seasoned vet than a greenhorn.  Everytime there is a close up of his face my wife says "ohhhh... he's just a little baby".  Wise and talented beyond his years.

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

Here's a long stretch back.

I thought the Chiefs could have success if they spread things out wide and ran an aggressive spread Offense when they made the trade for Matt Cassel.  Whoops!

I can beat that.

Right here on this board I said of Brodie Croyle after his first start: "Ladies and gentlemen, we have us a quarterback," then predicted a long a storied career for the best Chiefs QB since Dawson.

1 hour ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

I can beat that.

Right here on this board I said of Brodie Croyle after his first start: "Ladies and gentlemen, we have us a quarterback," then predicted a long a storied career for the best Chiefs QB since Dawson.

He had a pretty good arm.  Too bad he was fragile, and I'm not really sure exactly how bad he wanted to make it.

Croyle threw lasers in the mid range but wasn't strong enough to survive in the NFL and our OL didn't do him any favors. Still I thought he was a good pick as he would have made a fine QB if healthy.

I think Jones wins the breakout player this year. He has been good last year as well but Jones took a huge leap this year. Mahomes is absolutely the real deal but not sure if he counts as the breakout guy as pretty much everyone has been talking about how magical he would be as a starter. So I guess either one would be the winner based on the perspective. 

Archived