Dexter Lawrence, DT 6’5 340

chiefsb_logo.gif Kansas City Chiefs: Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson 

Clemson_logo.gif 
The Chiefs need secondary and linebacker help, but they're getting the best player available with this selection. Andy Reid loves to take second chances on players, so I think this makes sense. 

Dexter Lawrence is a monster of a defensive tackle (6-5, 340) and is exceptional at both stuffing the run and pressuring the quarterback. He has fallen in this mock draft because of his positive drug test. 

Thoughts on on him as either our new NT or Bailey replacement?  Will he really drop this far?  Would love him in the 1st and a wr/LB in 2nds

6 hours ago, Chiefswinitall said:

How bad do we need another NT?  We have NNadi.

I like Nnadi but our dline got really pushed around and needs an attitude. Watching Inside the NFL Andy was really on those guys early saying "you have to find another gear."  Ray Lewis said the line was very undisciplined in AFC Title game too. I've heard Chris Jones free lances a lot which doesn't help in running game. We need a coach who can take care of that.

Nnadi  did better as the year went on. Get him attacking more and another off season to get stronger etc and we may have found a good one in the 3rd again. A lot of times it takes them 3 years but he did get a lot of playing time which can only help him and the team.

22 hours ago, Palangi said:

I don't think he is a pure 0. He has played the shade and 2 tech in college too.  And he has enough movement skills to play a 3 tech.

3 tech?  Ah, no.  

He's a big body that's hard to move and can plug well in the middle with the ability to push the pocket back with his strength.  When I see his film I don't think, "gosh he's fast."

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

Huh, did I say "gosh he is fast"?

You have a real issue with being strawman. You create issues that aren't the.  I agree he fits better as a shade or 0 tech.  But he does have a good burst to play 3tech if needs. 

You seem really upset that I don't agree with your idea.  Being an effective 3 has a speed element, hence the comment.  There isn't anything about his film that makes me think he has quickness.

He's just a really stout, powerful guy which is why I said he's ideal for 0 because finding one is rare and he ticks all the boxes.  You disagreed because reasons?

That post didn't say the only position he could play at all would be lined up right over the Center.  That post said he fits the profile of a high end one and that's where his value is highest.

Could he be a 2?  Sure, but I think you'd like for him to drop 20-40 pounds first.

Archived