Dexter Lawrence, DT 6’5 340

Who cares.  If he is there at 29, they better take him.  Williams was crap and Nnadi doesn't fit.  Don't know why they drafted a 4-3 DT.

Need a bff in the middle if we continue with the 3-4 alignment.  If they switch it up, depending on the who the new DC is, then pass.

1 hour ago, NChiefsCorner said:

I think we should go with Alabama RB Josh Jacobs at pick #29 if he is still available, would be the perfect fit for our offense, plus he is an explosive KR.

I think a RB and a #3 WR would be helpful, but they won't make a great an impact as a top CB, S, or LB.  Running backs can be had in the third round or so (JC, Hunt, etc.) and with the needs of the defense, a WR to play behind Hill and Watkins would be a waste.  The question is if the Chiefs go 4-3, do they need a Lawrence type DT?  I'm guessing not.  Nnadi, Jones, Williams, and a draft pick can hold down the DT spots. 

7 hours ago, NChiefsCorner said:

I think we should go with Alabama RB Josh Jacobs at pick #29 if he is still available, would be the perfect fit for our offense, plus he is an explosive KR.

If we're going offense give me Paris Campbell from Ohio state.  Explosive 4.3 speed.  Big 6'1" 209. Great run after the catch. 

4 hours ago, NChiefsCorner said:

1st rd RB?  No.  1st rd part time RB?  Uh hell naw.

Plus if we're picking a bama player there are some defenders that should be in our range that are much better options, like Mack Wilson.

1 minute ago, xen said:

Plus if we're picking a bama player there are some defenders that should be in our range that are much better options, like Mack Wilson.

He might have been the backup at Alabama, but IMO he will be the better NFL player, he is the total package.

24 minutes ago, NChiefsCorner said:

Jacobs is the #1 rated RB on this draft site.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/runningbacks

They've also got him in the 2nd round range.  Don't spend a first when you can find a player that will likely do just as well in the 3rd or later.  

I'm really torn in this one. Prior to the PED he was a no brainer but considering the drop in his performance after the freshman season and now the PEDs I'm not sure if he's really legit or just juiced up enough to turn a lot of heads. Nevertheless I think we need to bring him in for a private workout to find out ourselves. If he's really legit and the PED was just a one time stupid mistake this could be a top 5 talent available in late 1st. 

10 hours ago, Nonchalant29 said:

Kid is a stud, but so is Nnadi.. did anyone else see the top rated interior dL of the postseason? Jones #1, Donald #2, nnadi #3, suh #4... there is something there to build on.

Nnadi looks like a player to me. I think last years class especially with throwing in Ward is looking like it can help us. ODaniel, Watts and Speaks all have real potential in new scheme. 

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

I'm really torn in this one. Prior to the PED he was a no brainer but considering the drop in his performance after the freshman season and now the PEDs I'm not sure if he's really legit or just juiced up enough to turn a lot of heads. Nevertheless I think we need to bring him in for a private workout to find out ourselves. If he's really legit and the PED was just a one time stupid mistake this could be a top 5 talent available in late 1st. 

I wonder if Jones could play DE in the 4-3 defense. Nnadi and Lawrence (DT) inside with Jones and Houston outside (DE). Ford could be the WILB.

IMO, that would cure all of our Run defensive woes. Then all we would have to do, is take the best CB available in the 2nd, and sign another in FA??

5 minutes ago, artsy said:

I wonder if Jones could play DE in the 4-3 defense. Nnadi and Lawrence (DT) inside with Jones and Houston outside (DE). Ford could be the WILB.

IMO, that would cure all of our Run defensive woes. Then all we would have to do, is take the best CB available in the 2nd, and sign another in FA??

Not sure about his playing weight but Jones is over 300 pounds. He does have some agility so who knows but it sure would be very unconventional and I'm not sure if he can chase HBs in short throws. 

53 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Not sure about his playing weight but Jones is over 300 pounds. He does have some agility so who knows but it sure would be very unconventional and I'm not sure if he can chase HBs in short throws. 

Speaks is faster, quicker player who is our most ideal fit out there.  And I’d slide Speaks inside in subpackages.  His athleticism as an OLB was a weakness but it’s a definitive strength on dline. . 

On 1/27/2019 at 5:56 PM, xen said:

You are mistaken.   Josh Jacobs will be better than Harris and its a bonus he was in a committee.  Less wear and tear but I don't like drafting running backs in the 1st so pass.   Also we don't want Mack Wilson.   He's not good in coverage and isn't as good as guys like Rueben Foster and CJ Mosley.   Pass.   This is coming from a huge Alabama fan.

4 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

You are mistaken.   Josh Jacobs will be better than Harris and its a bonus he was in a committee.  Less wear and tear but I don't like drafting running backs in the 1st so pass.   Also we don't want Mack Wilson.   He's not good in coverage and isn't as good as guys like Rueben Foster and CJ Mosley.   Pass.   This is coming from a huge Alabama fan.

Lamar, what's your opinion on the Alabama's DB's? Doubt Thompson would fall all the way to us but what about the others? Those guys got steamrolled by Clemson but they pretty much do that to everyone. I think Baker out of Georgia is a player but again, we  may have to trade up to get him.

52 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Not saying Jacob's isn't good, just a waste to spend a first round pick on a RB.  Wilson would be fine for what we would ask him to do.  

Archived