Still need to add to the offense?!!

I think we do. Obviously a quality RB is vital as running the ball has to be part of our plans moving forward as we need to develop our ability to control the time of possession and sustain some long drives. I also think a quality guard and slot receiver would be nice. We don't really have a kind of "Cole Beasley" type who is slippery In the middle of the field and I think a player like that could really enhance this offense and make it very difficult for teams to double Tyreek and Kelce. It really is crazy to think that this offense could actually get better but that's the truth, it really could IF we bring in the right pieces.  

Need: OG and RB.  Nice to have: TE  The thing is, the Chiefs can do well with the current offense and the emphasis has to be of fixing the defense through the draft and maybe a FA.  When the new DC comes to town, he'll want to make personnel changes and that's where the action will be this off season.  I'd expect no offense draft until the third day. 

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

Need: OG and RB.  Nice to have: TE  The thing is, the Chiefs can do well with the current offense and the emphasis has to be of fixing the defense through the draft and maybe a FA.  When the new DC comes to town, he'll want to make personnel changes and that's where the action will be this off season.  I'd expect no offense draft until the third day. 

exactly..new coach will get new toys

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

no coach will come here if he is not allowed to make some personnel changes to the staff and roster,

Def need to solidify that Oline. That's a no brainer every year. 

Just my opinion but...

Think we need to draft another rb. Not a big fan of williams, he hesitates too much at the line.  He scored and got some yards but Im believing it is a product of being in our offense.  

I know alot of people may disagree on Damien but I thought he was average to slightly above average.  Think we can find a better rb in draft. 

Kareem dominated when given the ball. Didn't see that with Williams or any other back we have. Believe the offense would be massively dynamic with a hunt-caliber rb.

9 hours ago, Troyofoc said:

I'm thinking David Montgomery 

He is a Hunt clone...led all NCAA's in broken tackles the last 3 years. I am a Hawkeye fan and Iowa State Hater...but would welcome this kid...would fit nicely in the offense.

2 hours ago, FANATIC said:

I think Cali Chief is correct. RBS are a dime a dozen in the new NFL. Look at Anderson/Rams. Waiver wire & Chiefs passed on him. Dont waste a high pick on a RB. 

Especially in a good system. It works in a good offense. Doesn’t work for say.. the raiders trash offense. 

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

I think we may be okay at guard long term with K Mckenzie, Wylie and LDT depending on whether they want to slide Cam Erving outside.  It’s a really young group.  But drafting a center to compete with Reiter who can also play guard does make sense. Or if Erving isn’t moving outside then a developmental tackle. 

We need to replace the always injured Ware with a legit potential starter to compete with Williams next year for sure. The third round seems like a sweet spot for Andy finding a guy. 

Fact we tried to sign Watson last off-season is probably a sign Veach will look for a tight end  whether Harris is retained or not. Again this doesn’t have to be early or expensive. Same with WR to replace Conley. 

I think we can fill most of these depth roles without almost any big investment that would disrupt continuing to rebuild defense. 

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

no coach will come here if he is not allowed to make some personnel changes to the staff and roster,

Spagnuola looks like he may be the guy and with his experience I’d assume Andy just hands over the group to him to work with Veach to rebuild. That includes hiring assistants other than Britt Reid. I’m sure he’d retain a few guys but it should be his call. 

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I think we may be okay at guard long term with K Mckenzie, Wylie and LDT depending on whether they want to slide Cam Erving outside.  It’s a really young group.  But drafting a center to compete with Reiter who can also play guard does make sense. Or if Erving isn’t moving outside then a developmental tackle. 

We need to replace the always injured Ware with a legit potential starter to compete with Williams next year for sure. The third round seems like a sweet spot for Andy finding a guy. 

Fact we tried to sign Watson last off-season is probably a sign Veach will look for a tight end  whether Harris is retained or not. Again this doesn’t have to be early or expensive. Same with WR to replace Conley. 

I think we can fill most of these depth roles without almost any big investment that would disrupt continuing to rebuild defense. 

I think the Watson thing also was because if the 4 game suspension at the start of the season for Harris. I am all one or FA

We have to dip in FA on some of these holes so we can develop behind them or draft later on

There is always room for improvement, but I don't think it is necessary to win the Superbowl.  If we can improve the O with spending the same as we did this year or less then I am all for it, but I wouldn't want to do so at the expense of taking draft picks or money away from the D.

15 hours ago, MisChief-Maker said:

I think we do. Obviously a quality RB is vital as running the ball has to be part of our plans moving forward as we need to develop our ability to control the time of possession and sustain some long drives. I also think a quality guard and slot receiver would be nice. We don't really have a kind of "Cole Beasley" type who is slippery In the middle of the field and I think a player like that could really enhance this offense and make it very difficult for teams to double Tyreek and Kelce. It really is crazy to think that this offense could actually get better but that's the truth, it really could IF we bring in the right pieces.  

Let me guess .....    Daniel Braverman   🙄

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I think we may be okay at guard long term with K Mckenzie, Wylie and LDT depending on whether they want to slide Cam Erving outside.   

Hope you're right about McKenzie, but there's no evidence that he has a future as a starter on the line.  Sure, the Chiefs kept him stashed on the roster in order not to lose him, but where is he on the learning curve of switching to offense?  Does he have enough upside to replace Erving or Morse?  Could he return to D and replace Bailey?  Just too many unknowns for us fans to make a judgement. 

The weakness of the offense is the interior line.  The only time we've been slowed down is when the other team has gotten pressure on Patrick up the middle (DEN, NE, BAL).  Upgrading our RB, 2nd TE, or 3rd WR won't provide anything more than marginal improvements if teams can get to the QB.  Giving Patrick a cleaner pocket is the only way to take this offense up a level, if that's even possible.

8 hours ago, WarCry said:

He is a Hunt clone...led all NCAA's in broken tackles the last 3 years. I am a Hawkeye fan and Iowa State Hater...but would welcome this kid...would fit nicely in the offense.

Hes too slow and slower than Hunt so he would be no wheee near as dynamic

Archived