Ward's play in the AFC Championship game

Ya I don't think they threw at him much. I remember he was covering I think eldemen I believe the last drive. Ward had great coverage Brady just threaded the needle. I definitely think we got one in ward guys he can play. Seems to always be right there and if it's a completion he makes the tackle right away.

10 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Hope he turns out better than Marcus Cooper.

True in the beginning cooper was always there but would give up the reception. But I believe ward has got his hands on his fair share of balls in his limited time. He has great length for a cb.

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Didn't even notice he was playing which in a game like that and his small sample size of experience I think he did pretty good.   Hope we found something special in the kid.

A corner is like an offensive linemen, if you don't hear his name all game, then he played really well.  Not noticing means he wasn't getting torched, like the all pro foot man. 

Just now, jetlord said:

Ward means the Chiefs can get by with drafting one CB in the early rounds vs. two.  

I doubt it.  If you're gonna roll with a young guy like Ward (which we should) you're probably better off bringing in a veteran corner so you can put Fuller in the slot. 

7 hours ago, jetlord said:

The Chiefs can go with Ward and a rookie.  They went with two rookies when the drafted Flowers and Carr and didn't get burned for it.  Agree that a vet would be better if the cost was right since the team is in a "win now" mode. 

Yeah they got burned quite a lot early on.  Am I the only one that remembers Steve Smith just totally clowning Carr?

8 hours ago, Calichief said:

They threw at berry before ward. That should tell you a little.

ward is a keeper.

no comparison to cooper

I saw Ray Lewis breaking down our defense in the game and he was pretty adamant our scheme and lack of adjustments made it nearly impossible for Berry to cover Gronk on most of his receptions.  

18 hours ago, jetlord said:

The Chiefs can go with Ward and a rookie.  They went with two rookies when the drafted Flowers and Carr and didn't get burned for it.  Agree that a vet would be better if the cost was right since the team is in a "win now" mode. 

That was quite a while ago.  Andy Reid, with his Super Bowl ready offense, isn't going to go with Ward and a rookie on the corners.  Reid feels the pressure, and it would take quite a convincing speech from a defensive coach to get him to agree to roll out that much youth on the back end, especially when we will likely be throwing a rookie safety into that mix.  

5 minutes ago, moons314 said:

That was quite a while ago.  Andy Reid, with his Super Bowl ready offense, isn't going to go with Ward and a rookie on the corners.  Reid feels the pressure, and it would take quite a convincing speech from a defensive coach to get him to agree to roll out that much youth on the back end, especially when we will likely be throwing a rookie safety into that mix.  

I'm with you, but it's going to be difficult.  The FA market is rather not good for someone to play the #1 slot, so you'd have to work a trade of some sort.

Archived