Talk me out of a Mahomes jersey

Hey guys, I want to buy a Mahomes jersey but I am concerned if I do he will get hurt, bad.  I don't have a good track record with jerseys.

Way back in 1999 I asked my mom for an authentic Derrick Thomas jersey for Christmas.  I had just moved to Minneapolis and the Chiefs had training camp in River Falls. River Falls is a short drive from Minneapolis so I planned on taking the jersey to the Chiefs training camp to see if I could get DT to sign it. So much to my excitement, I received the jersey for Christmas.  The Chiefs were sitting in first place in the AFC West at 9-5. The Chiefs just basically needed to win one of there remaining two games to clinch the division.  I wore the new jersey for both games and I am sure I don't have to tell most of you what happened, we lost to Seattle the next week and then we lost in spectacular fashion to the Raiders in overtime. But of course it gets worse from here, 3 weeks later DT was in a car accident and two weeks after that he was gone. I was convinced my jersey was cursed.  I have worn it off and on after that but the Chiefs usually ended up losing, so I probably haven't put it on in about 10 years.

A couple of years ago I decided I am ready to try again.  I get a Charles jersey for my wife and I and a Berry jersey for my son.  The following year Charles is injured and plays very little, the year after that a Bronco.  Berry had one good season but basically missed the next two and there is a good chance he is not a Chief next year.

So now I am thinking I would like a jersey to wear come game day and Mahomes is the best choice.  I feel like my jersey choices are cursed.  My rational brain tells me to get over it as how could anything I wear affect how the Chiefs do, but when it comes to Chiefs I am very superstitious.  

What say you Chiefs Coalition, am I being paranoid with delusions of grandeur and I should just get over it and buy a Mahomes jersey, or am I crazy to buy a jersey as I would be condemning Mahomes and Chiefs fans to misery?

i went thru the same thing about two weeks ago and i ended up getting a mahomes jersey, BUT i did not wear it on sunday for the game

i wore my priest jersey because i wore it the week before when we kicked the colts asses, so i did not want to jinx anything...but it really did not

make any difference

Archived