Bill Billichick breaking down Chiefs D. They screwed up.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Just like the LAC 2 point conversion. Wide open

Very similiar. I saw film breakdown on Arrowhesd Pride after that game that showed we had trouble with this all season.  And of course if you can’t fix something simple what do you think good coaches will do. 

You guys know more than I do, so I have a question: with the fact that it happened against Rivers and Brady suggest that we can’t coach against good quarterbacks or would a so-so quarterback also get a stuck here? Does it matter if the weapons/targets are good (like Edelman) or are we bad across-the-board? 

35 minutes ago, KCSLC2008 said:

You guys know more than I do, so I have a question: with the fact that it happened against Rivers and Brady suggest that we can’t coach against good quarterbacks or would a so-so quarterback also get a stuck here? Does it matter if the weapons/targets are good (like Edelman) or are we bad across-the-board? 

I don't know that much either, but looking at it, it looks like a average QB could also take advantage. It looks purely mental. For some reason, one of the Chiefs defenders briefly abandoned his receiver and Brady made him pay for it, really frustrating to watch.

3 hours ago, KCSLC2008 said:

You don’t beat an elite QB we have unless you have one too. That simple. Every single game we lost the defense gave up at least 29 points.  But only the HOF or Super Bowl QBs were capable of pulling that off.  But that’s where Mahomes elevated this franchise and likewise why he had to fire Bob Sutton.   

Combo coverage in man is a simple thing.  Hell they do that in high school.  Yet our guys can't figure it out.  The 2 point conversion against the chargers was the same thing,  combo gone wrong.

Al Harris needs to go too. That something that should be cleaned up in individual and film by the position coach

10 hours ago, KCSLC2008 said:

It's not even a question of talent, really.  It just took the smallest amount of Offensive creativity to completely baffle the secondary.

They had no idea how to handle the rub routes because they never prepared for anything.  Sutton just did the same ol' shit.

To be clear this happens to most teams at some time or another. It’s why teams run these rub routes and pick plays that are supposed to be illegal. We saw the Chargers exploit the Ravens with the same thing in their playoff game. But for us it wasn’t an isolated thing. It was a regular problem all year. And that’s coaching. 

6 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

To be clear this happens to most teams at some time or another. It’s why teams run these rub routes and pick plays that are supposed to be illegal. We saw the Chargers exploit the Ravens with the same thing in their playoff game. But for us it wasn’t an isolated thing. It was a regular problem all year. And that’s coaching. 

Yup.  The whole reasoning behind motion is so that the defense has to move and tip it's coverage, whether it be man or zone.  The Chiefs screwed up the switch, so they come back and lock coverage when they should have switched, and Ward ends up a step behind the receiver because he has to go around the other receiver.  The defense was just all around bad, complete shit against both the run and the pass.  Sutton was bad, but continued mistakes like that on the back end are much deeper than coaching, it's bad coaching combined with players just failing.  The TD run bothered me most of all, because Nelson was ran back and forth across the formation, then left completely unblocked, and despite ending up in line with the hole, he was a complete non factor in the play.  He was too far off the line and way too slow to react to the play in front of him, so the Pats were essentially playing 11 on 10.  Watching BB break down the last drive makes that overtime defense look 10x more pathetic than it did in real time.  Good riddance Sutton, hopefully there are several players on that side of the ball joining you on the unemployment line. 

20 hours ago, Chiefswinitall said:

This show is great.   Would like something like that here.

Amazing show, and something we should have.  It might not appeal to the casual viewer, but the hardcore guys like us would eat that shit up.  I'd love to have a weekly show where Reid is on their breaking down plays, giving his perspective, and showing what they were doing.  It's a peak into whats going on within the game.  I'm sure Hyvee would sponsor such a show here on KCTV 5. 

Archived