810 just reported Spags is hired.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Agree.  By those standards, DJ was a failure early in his career.  Same for Ford, Fisher, and a host of others.  Some come in and play immediately such as Peters or Poe.  Most take some time.  One of my complaints with Sutton, among many, was that he didn't get the new guys experience, coaching, or something that allowed them to succeed.  Hope that changes. 

Speaks was a late bloomer in college as well. Reading through a few scouting reports of him out of college today the biggest issue they had was he would need to get stronger. So maybe short term thats why they did what they did this year. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought this was a decent video, it's not the whole thing. He seems like a bright dude,  but this video shows me how hard it is to play defense in the NFL. The actual concepts don't look hard IMO, but it looks like you have to be athletically & mentally quick to succeed. 

If he can get the players to buy into what he's teaching it could work, but that's the big if.  I willing to give the guy a chance. 

Edit: You will have to watch it on Youtube. The link is there when you click on it. 

Archived