Spags players coming here?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, xen said:

Spags is supposed to be a good teacher. That said KPass was a multi year project when we drafted him.

Oh, that's right.  I forgot that he was considered a project. One of those guys who will finally learn the game about the same time he begins to lose a step and think about retirement.  But you know...that's how you win championships.🙈🙉🙊

10 hours ago, xen said:

Spags is supposed to be a good teacher. That said KPass was a multi year project when we drafted him.

The fact KPass has had basically no impact on special teams is just hard to understand.  I really doubt he gets another free roster pass so Spags needs to work some offseason magic.  

3 minutes ago, NChiefsCorner said:

KPass will flourish in a 4-3 defense.

That would be huge if true.  But you’d think he’d already be an impact player in sub packages and especially special teams and neither has happened. 

To me he’s like Eric Berry at this point. Anything we get is a bonus.  

10 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Oh, that's right.  I forgot that he was considered a project. One of those guys who will finally learn the game about the same time he begins to lose a step and think about retirement.  But you know...that's how you win championships.🙈🙉🙊

Dee Ford had 5 career starts and 5.5 career sacks when he was KPass's age.  Now we are trying to decide whether to franchise tag him. 

29 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Dee Ford had 5 career starts and 5.5 career sacks when he was KPass's age.  Now we are trying to decide whether to franchise tag him. 

If we are looking for an optimistic view this is a great point. Tanoh came in younger, from a much lower level of football and like Dee Ford forced into position change that really didn’t suit him.  

1 hour ago, NChiefsCorner said:

KPass will flourish in a 4-3 defense.

Mloe is right.  Anyone with potential would be contributing on special teams.  Chiefs cannot afford to pay someone who does not evern contribute there.  He will flourish or he will exit with a flourish. Exit stage right.

2 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Mloe is right.  Anyone with potential would be contributing on special teams.  Chiefs cannot afford to pay someone who does not evern contribute there.  He will flourish or he will exit with a flourish. Exit stage right.

He is 6'7" 289lbs, how do you want him to contribute on special teams?

5 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

When is the last time you saw a 290 pound defensive lineman contribute on special teams?  With due respect to you and mloe that’s just not meaningful. 

Just now, NChiefsCorner said:

He is 6'7" 289lbs, how do you want him to contribute on special teams?

Stand in someone's way?  Hell, I don't know. 

Methinks he should play basketball.

:lol:   Hey, I've been hoping for him since the beginning.  If he ends up contributing, it will be in some very special way. He is an archetype of something special.  I haven't figured out what yet.  I'm counting on the coaches to have some diabolical plan for him ready to be hatched.

Just now, Fmbl2187 said:

Stand in someone's way?  Hell, I don't know. 

Methinks he should play basketball.

:lol:   Hey, I've been hoping for him since the beginning.  If he ends up contributing, it will be in some very special way. He is an archetype of something special.  I haven't figured out what yet.  I'm counting on the coaches to have some diabolical plan for him ready to be hatched.

I think the Chiefs are going to have to play him in order to see just what KPass has in him.😀

18 minutes ago, NChiefsCorner said:

Hunt is known for blocking FG's, so you expect KPass to do the same and if not get rid of him.

I expect Tanoh to produce and help this team in some way or yes, get rid of him.   He’s played over 200 special teams snaps by the way so any notion he can’t play because he’s tall is wrong. His role there diminished as this season wore on.  That’s my issue. If he can’t even contribute on special teams going forward then why is he here?  

This is clearly a huge year for him and almost certainly his last chance here. 

We just have too many guys on this roster producing almost nothing. 

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

When is the last time you saw a 290 pound defensive lineman contribute on special teams?  With due respect to you and mloe that’s just not meaningful. 

Again David Irving and Magnus Hunt were impact special team players. And again Tanoh has over 200 special teams snaps. His size isn’t an issue, it should be a strength with his athleticism. 

All I’m saying is his free ride needs to end. Get him contributing or let’s move on. It’s a whole new ballgame with Spags so let’s hope he can get Tanoh going.  

16 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Again David Irving and Magnus Hunt were impact special team players. And again Tanoh has over 200 special teams snaps. His size isn’t an issue, it should be a strength with his athleticism. 

All I’m saying is his free ride needs to end. Get him contributing or let’s move on. It’s a whole new ballgame with Spags so let’s hope he can get Tanoh going.  

Irving and Hunt both have blocked FG's, other than that how much of an impact have they made?

29 minutes ago, NChiefsCorner said:

Irving and Hunt both have blocked FG's, other than that how much of an impact have they made?

First off a blocked kick is a huge game changing type play. Secondly Irving started and had seven sacks his last full season and actually made plays on special teams too. Hunt has made a living mostly as a role player and on special teams averaging over 200 snaps per season.  

This isn’t brain surgery.  I’m asking for ANY type of contribution to justify Tanohs roster spot going forward rather than getting another free ride based on potential. It’s year three, he’s got a proven coach and a better system fit.  It’s time for Tanoh to produce or find someone else that can.  

Archived