Who will spags bring in to coach the lbs

Obviously with the scheme switch we will be asking our lbs to play a bit differently. Other teams have now hired our previous lib and olb coach.. anyone hear any rumblings? I know the fan fav would be dj, but I would think spags would want someone with knowledge of his system. Also I read somewhere that Antonio pierce was a lb coach elsewhere.. could we bring him on? Who else fits the mold? 

He'll have to find someone new.  I believe his last linebackers coach hire is still with the Giants. 

In 2012 with the Saints it was Joe Vitt.  That year went so well he quit coaching. 

His lb coach in his first stop with the giants I believe is with Eberflus in Indy.  I only follow Eberflus because of the Mizzou connection btw.

To bad we don't know who if any he plans to keep. I guess we will find out when they get hired elsewhere or if we hire a replacement. Not going to shed a tear after losing are inside linebacker coach after the year we had in that department. Sure Bob didn't help him out but after a season like that don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Well we know he's not keeping any of the linebackers coaches.  I have mixed thoughts on the others.  I actually think Andy's kid did a good job as the production on the line was better than the talent level.  I think we need new blood in the secondary coaches.

10 minutes ago, xen said:

Well we know he's not keeping any of the linebackers coaches.  I have mixed thoughts on the others.  I actually think Andy's kid did a good job as the production on the line was better than the talent level.  I think we need new blood in the secondary coaches.

I wouldn’t want to lose al Harris, but have also read that emmitt Thomas could be retiring.. I’m sure Britt Reid will be retained, cuz duh.. but mainly curious about linebacker coach options

3 hours ago, xen said:

He'll have to find someone new.  I believe his last linebackers coach hire is still with the Giants. 

In 2012 with the Saints it was Joe Vitt.  That year went so well he quit coaching. 

His lb coach in his first stop with the giants I believe is with Eberflus in Indy.  I only follow Eberflus because of the Mizzou connection btw.

Vitt was actually the head coach of the Saints when Spags was there. And on a side note oversaw the Chiefs linebackers for four of the worst defensive seasons in franchise history. 

21 hours ago, Nonchalant29 said:

I wouldn’t want to lose al Harris, but have also read that emmitt Thomas could be retiring.. I’m sure Britt Reid will be retained, cuz duh.. but mainly curious about linebacker coach options

Today on am810 it was said that the Chiefs would keep Emmitt Thomas, Britt Reid and Al Harris.

Well there were 2 coaches for LB. OLB and ILB. Deleone just went to the Bears yesterday and Smith is with GB now

I know they let Gibbs go last year and made it 2 position coaches for Smith olb and Deleone at ILB. 

With that said in think they go with just one LB coach if 4-3 defense.

If we raid another team maybe Mike Nolan or John Pagano. Both have much experience in many positions etc.

10 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Well there were 2 coaches for LB. OLB and ILB. Deleone just went to the Bears yesterday and Smith is with GB now

I know they let Gibbs go last year and made it 2 position coaches for Smith olb and Deleone at ILB. 

With that said in think they go with just one LB coach if 4-3 defense.

If we raid another team maybe Mike Nolan or John Pagano. Both have much experience in many positions etc.

How? The new rules prevent you from hiring assistant coaches for lateral moves if they aren't released from or out of contract.

It doesnt seem likely that either of these guys are gonna go to their superiors and say "hey I wanna coach for them, because they are better than us."

6 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

How? The new rules prevent you from hiring assistant coaches for lateral moves if they aren't released from or out of contract.

It doesnt seem likely that either of these guys are gonna go to their superiors and say "hey I wanna coach for them, because they are better than us."

No they don't any more.

8 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

It's probably going to be next offseason before Spags can get the staff he really wants with firings, contracts ending and whatnot. But it will be interesting to see how he fills the immediate needs. College? Former DC types who are no consultants? I'd like to see a surge of youth actually.

Archived