mocking the draft

Palangi

This mock is all draft. No free agents involved. And one trade. Click on names to see highlights.

Tag and trade Dee Ford for a 2nd and 4th round pick. A team like Philly who will be losing graham and has Pederson who was here in KC might be a team willing to trade for Dee. Maybe even Indianapolis. They could view him as their new age Robert Mathis, and their GM  (Ballard) was in KC too. 

Draft:

1. Parris Campbell WR Ohio State 6'1" 210- I know this isn't popular as defense needs to be the focus, but I also believe that with a generational type QB we need to keep weapons for him and be elite on offense at all levels. Parris is an elite athlete with elite speed (4.3). He also has a great build for run after the catch which he excels at. With Watkins being an injury prone guy Parris could be very important. He could make watkins expendable after his rookie year too. 

image.jpeg.61644ca2e2ac3ceeab6489bb416af9fa.jpeg

2. Carl Granderson DE Wyoming 6'5" 255- A long athletic DE. Can play the LEO position as the pass rush end. Has great length. We need a pass rusher with Dee gone. 

image.jpeg.6b7e1bfcd52b49cc2b2b8e63146e471a.jpeg

2. Amani Oruwariye CB Penn State 6'1" 205- A long athletic Corner. Would pair nice with Ward. Both has good size and are physical tacklers. A kid that could step in day one as a starter. 

Image result for amani oruwariye

2. Terrill Hanks LB New Mexico State 6'2" 235- a long (34" arms) athletic kid that is very aggressive in his play. Could be a perfect SAM linebacker. 

image.jpeg.611bfcda841dd8a48234de20bdf61dc0.jpeg

3. Jamal Peters S/CB Mississippi St. 6'2" 215- He played corner in college but might be smart to make a move to be a post defender at Safety. Has good speed for S and cover ground.

image.jpeg.9dc928bb55f28150e5c88cc4393f4020.jpeg

4. Rodney Anderson RB Oklahoma 6'1" 220- A big time talented back. But he has an injury history. He can come in and get healthy while Damien and Daryl Williams shoulder the load next year. But Anderson has top level talent. 

image.jpeg.a07b7aff39df77e7ed3ef246f6076cc9.jpeg

5. Damon Arnette CB Ohio State 6' 190- A speedy corner. has potential to play in the slot or outside. Can come in and add depth and special teams play with his speed. 

image.jpeg.807738e0e82e966200418b9163ea6aeb.jpeg

6. Otara Olaka LB Texas A&M 6'2" 245- a big physical kid that could play behind hitchens and learn. we need depth at LB. 

image.jpeg.8921f58f4025d6eafddb4b1f386c63e9.jpeg

7. Shareef Miller DE Penn State 6'5" 255- An athletic edge rusher. We need to add these. can add depth and fight with Granderson. 

Image result for shareef miller

Roster:

QB- Mahomes, Henne, Litton

RB- Williams, Williams, Anderson (R)

FB- Sherman

WR- Hill, Watkins, Campbell (R), Robinson, Pringle, Kemp

TE- Kelce, Harris, Yelder

LT- Fisher, Erving

LG- Wylie, Erving, Hunter

C- Reiter, Mackenzie

RG- LDT- Erving, Gordon

RT- Schwartz, Murphy

LE- Houston, Kpass

DT- Jones, Speaks, Mondeaux

NT- Nandi, Ivie, Williams

RE- Granderson (R), Miller (R)

SLB- Hanks (R), Neimann

MLB- Hitchens, Olaka (R)

WLB- DOD, Smith

CB- Oruwariye (R), Smith

NB- Fuller, Arnette (R)

CB- Ward, scandrick

SS- Berry, Watts, Sorenson

FS- Lucas, Peters (R)

Unless they have to reach, I really think the Chiefs need to go DB or possibly ILB in the first round.  Another WR (or RB) is a luxury they can't afford until the defense is shored up.  I do like the PSU CB in the second and will watch his combine numbers next month.  It also would be good to address the O-line to replace Morse and/or Erving.

Hanks would have to be a Will in this system.  He's too light to be a Sam.  Will I think is covered by DOD.  

I do like him though.  I think he might be there in the third as he's kind of still a work in progress at LB.  Maybe he could work in the nickel with DOD though...

Parris isn't a Rd1 WR, that's a reach.  Matt Miller's crew said, via their KC Chiefs sources, that the team is basically only focused on the defense.  Get ready for another D heavy draft.   

Likely bet, Byron Murphy, DeAndre Baker, or Trayvon Mullen or Edge/DL Round 1.  

I also expect us to either move back or trade up, especially if QBs fall and some team wants that 5th year option (see Lamar Jackson).

1 hour ago, gballs said:

Parris isn't a Rd1 WR, that's a reach.  Matt Miller's crew said, via their KC Chiefs sources, that the team is basically only focused on the defense.  Get ready for another D heavy draft.   

Likely bet, Byron Murphy, DeAndre Baker, or Trayvon Mullen or Edge/DL Round 1.  

I also expect us to either move back or trade up, especially if QBs fall and some team wants that 5th year option (see Lamar Jackson).

I would say 6 defensive guys to 2 offensive guys is defensive heavy 

If Nassir Adderley drops to day 2 and we don't pick up someone like earl Thomas, he's someone I could see Veach going after.  There's always the school connection.  He will probably get overdrafted in the first round though based on the lack of safeties with range in this draft.  Personally I would pass and roll with Lucas and Watts, and concentrate more on strong safety which is a much bigger problem.

Did we see enough of Watts to assume he is a starter next year?  Either way, I'll be very disappointed if the Chiefs don't draft at least two DBs with the first three or four picks.  They may have the tools to put up a 4-3 front, but they a sadly lacking at safety and corner back.

10 hours ago, xen said:

If Nassir Adderley drops to day 2 and we don't pick up someone like earl Thomas, he's someone I could see Veach going after.  There's always the school connection.  He will probably get overdrafted in the first round though based on the lack of safeties with range in this draft.  Personally I would pass and roll with Lucas and Watts, and concentrate more on strong safety which is a much bigger problem.

I think Adderly is going rd 1 if he tests well in Indy. Hes flying up boards. And like you said, he went to the same school as Veach. There are worse picks we could make at 29.

• 2 weeks later...

21 hours ago, xen said:

Murphy is my favorite of the 1st round corners so far, but unless he tests slow I don't see how he makes it anywhere close to where we're picking

I doubt Baker lasts until #29 either.  Maybe the guy from Penn State whose name I can't pronounce will last long enough to pick in the second.  What about Adderly, S, in the first rather than reaching for a CB?

Archived